It is now easy for you to acquire and read your free (*for a limited time) new copy of In the Beginning using your Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD – or even a black and white text Kindle. The color readers are preferred as this ebook includes color illustrations. We have taken steps to make this especially stress-free for Kindle users.
Amazon has two different ways that users of Kindles can download and read PDFs. The first method is to download to a Kindle directly from a PC. The second was is to upload a PDF to a Kindle via an email sent to a Kindle.
PC to Kindle Method
1. Download the PDF of In the Beginning to the PC. Click on the web link provided – a new window will open up. In that window you will see the ebook’s cover. In the top right corner of the screen are icons. Click on the little icon that looks like a floppy disc and has a down pointing arrow on it. The PDF of the ebook will automatically download, and will then be available to you from your download folder. You can use this link to immediately get your copy, CLICK: http://artofseeingthedivine.com/images/In%20theBeginningCrowdFunding.pdf
2.Connect your Kindle device to your computer using a USB cable. When connected to a computer, Kindle devices go into USB drive mode, which disconnects them from a wireless connection. This is fine, as they will reconnect once disconnected from a PC.
3.After you’ve connected your device to your computer, your Kindle will appear in the same location USB drives usually appear.
On a Mac: Your Kindle will appear on your desktop.
In Windows: Click Start, and then click Computer or My Computer. Click on Kindle to open the Kindle drive.
4. On the PC, use your mouse to Drag your personal document from your desktop or Download folder in widows and drop it into the Documents folder in the Kindle drive. [Note: some Windows users find it easier to send the downloaded PDF to their desktop, especially if their Kindle drive is
there. Then the Drag action is accomplished on the desktop.]
5. Once the download is completed you can safely eject your Kindle device, and then unplug your Kindle device from your computer.
6. The PDF of In the Beginning will appear on the home screen of your Kindle. For Kindle Fire devices, tap Docs from the home screen to view your documents.
Email to Kindle Method
There are two ways that you can get your copy of In the Beginning via email. We can either email your Kindle account directly with the zipped PDF or we can email a different email account (like the one you wish to use to subscribe to the newsletter and/or contribute to our Indiegogo campaign), and then you can send it to your own Kindle email account. This is about the same as if you downloaded the PDF unto a PC, zipped it and emailed it to your own Kindle email account.
A. First Email to Kindle Method. We email your Kindle account directly. To do this you must first set up your Approved Personal Document E-mail list to include our special account for sending the free copy of In the Beginning to kindle email addresses.
1. Visit Manage Your Content and Devices, and then click Personal Documents Settings. Click Add a new approved e-mail address under Approved Personal Document E-mail List. Enter our special email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Add Address. [Note that after you have the ebook you can remove our address from your Kindle. We do not send newsletters to Kindle addresses.]
2. After completing step 1 above, using your regular email address, send an email to email@example.com In the subject please write “eBook”, so we know it is not spam. In the body simply put your Kindle address. Note that according to Amazon you must have completed the step above that whitelists our special email address for our email to reach you. Your Kindle also needs to have wireless when you access your Kindle email.
3. We will then send you a zipped file of the PDF of In the Beginning. The subject of our email to you will say “convert’ . This tells your Kindle to convert the zip file to be readable on your Kindle. Simply click on the email and your Kindle will automatically open and convert the file. You will find it stored in your Kindle Library.
B. Second email to Kindle method:
1. Using the email address that you usually use, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice that this is a different account than the email account above. That is because the direct to Kindle email must have a subject line that only says “convert”.
2. We will automatically send a link to a zipped PDF file of In the Beginning back to the same non-Kindle email
a. Or, you can take the attached zip file and attach it to an email that you personally send to your Kindle. Remember that you must place the word ”convert” in that email’s subject line for this method to work.
b. Plus you can read the unzipped file on your PC or other device. You can unzip and open the file with a PC or iPad and follow the directions above for uploading a PDF to a Kindle from a PC.
PDF files can also be uploaded to regular non-color Kindles. Since the majority of pages are text only, it can work to read the text of In the Beginning on a non-color Kindle, and then use a PC or other device that reads PDF in color for the SHMR activities and to see the color illustration.
To enable Personal Document Archiving, follow the steps above and check the box next to Enable personal document archiving in your own “My Kindle librar”y.
For more on Kindle Personal Documents Service See:
* Note: The In the Beginning ebook is available for free prior to and during an Indiegogo campaign to help raise funds to publish a larger book and support the art of Post Conceptual UnGraven Image.
Tags: art, Bible, free ebook, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, PDF, upload